What you'll be doing:
- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive Sonoco safety process to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Ensure preventive maintenance program is implemented and equipment maintained.
- Coordinate troubleshooting, breakdown repairs, planned work.
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Hire, train, direct and mentor employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- Lead maintenance department in Sonoco Maintenance Excellence objectives.
- Coordinate maintenance scheduling to meet production demands, manage overtime and monitor costs.
- Assist with implementation of capital projects to improve operational performance and facility condition.
- Develop positive working relationships with others in the organization to drive operational improvements and success in the plant.
This position is in our Rigid Paper and Closures Division and is located in Jamesburg, NJ. This plant manufactures rigid paper containers utilized in food packaging for nuts, powdered beverages, snacks, coffee, etc.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience leading a maintenance department in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required