While reporting to the Engineering or R&D Manager, you will work with members of the engineering, product development, and R&D team to conceive, develop, prototype, test, and debug packaging solution systems and/or new material technologies in accordance with established policies, goals, and objectives; must have the ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize project deadlines, follow up and complete critical items; required to quickly generate numerous design concepts, narrow down, and select the best option through and appropriate mix of analysis and prototyping; ability to motivate others to reach timelines and deliverables. In most cases customers will include pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, clinical trials, diagnostics, and other life science-based industries.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop ideas for, manage, and lead projects from concept to production release
- Liaison cross-functionally with stakeholders to determine what types of products might be successful, research product ideas to determine their viability, and research how existing products on the market are performing.
- Design prototypes and feasibility models for proof-of-concept testing
- Evaluate and integrate new technologies
- Lead efforts to verify and validate new product designs
- Prepare and manage Test Protocols, Reports, and Trade Studies
- Perform analysis of test results in relation to design specifications and test objectives, root cause analysis
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment
- Work closely with other engineers, technicians, contract manufacturers, assemblers, or other support personnel to assist in optimizing system performance
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes to pilot production level, support existing products
- Communicate with all areas of the company. The ability to communicate with both internal and external partners to bring products to fruition is essential.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a good background in the product development process.
- Candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities
- Cold chain experience - highly preferred
- SolidWorks, Thermal/Structural Analysis tools, Project Management experience
- Willing to travel
Please apply if you meet the criteria in the following areas of competency:
Senior Project Engineer
- You have a BS in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, or comparable degree
- You have 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- You have the ability to work in a high-speed, deadline-oriented environment, and the ability to work individually or as part of a team
- You can interpret customers goals and challenges into product and/or solution requirements
- You can create visual presentations of designs and concepts using CAD and PowerPoint for internal and external review.
- You have project management experience and the attention to detail to oversee and manage projects, samples, pricing and reports, and provide regular status updates on timelines and deliverables.
- You have superior communication skills. Communicating with new and existing customers to provide information on products and solutions, resolve problems, and for technical support.
You will communicate with all areas of the company, with both internal and external partners, working closely with sales, marketing and operations teams.
Must Have Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry OR 10+ years of experience as an Engineer responsible for product design
- Experienced in Mechanical background
- BS in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, or comparable degree
- You have superior communication skills.
- You have project management experience