The Lean Leader Manager II will drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and the business-operating plan in multi-sites. They will own the Lean Continuum/cultural change and improvement initiatives for the site by collaborating with site leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead cross-functional projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and work flows to improve efficiencies. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes.
- Mobilizing Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and frontline personnel.
- Participate in developing and leading Site Lean Roadmap to influence strategy, planning, and execution depending on site specific project or initiative needs.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas including effective preparation and follow-up.
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices with other site Continuous Improvement Senior Specialist and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Documents and works with Site Controller to validate achieved site CI Savings.
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organization’s progression.
- Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
- Aid in the development of the SD/Lean strategy.
- 8 - 10 years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement/Lean/Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity, OEE and throughput improvement
- Intimate knowledge and hands-on experience using operational excellence and continuous improvement methods; ability to personally conduct events and effectively train others in industry standard VSM, LMS, 5S, TPM, SMED, MPS, TPI, SD, 7 Wastes, Standard Work, various 3P, problem solving and action planning
- Lean Master or Master Six Sigma Black Belt certification required
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective change management development and execution
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Ability to establish self as credible leader and partner with site leadership as a trusted member of site staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have the ability and willingness to transition into an operations / technical / reliability leadership position within 36 - 48 months
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
· May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting for 8 or more hours at a time.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)