This is a temp-to-hire role
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under general supervision, performs general clerical support functions within the customer operations section, requiring knowledge of customer service proposal operations and compiles, separates, schedules and coordinates notifications regarding move in and/or setting of new meter; insures appropriate staff receives notification prior to executing actions. Performs other duties as assigned.
The individual in this role will assist with front desk duties. Taking applications for new projects from commercial businesses.
The incumbent must be familiar with and apply Regulations Governing the Sale and Use of Electric Energy and Rate Schedule regarding construction fees, connection fees and deposits. Keyboard requirements within this classification will be at approximate standard of 45 wpm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The examples of essential functions listed below are representative but not necessarily exhaustive or descriptive and may be assigned other related functions not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
1. Reviews, enters and maintains customer service proposals into computer and receives payments for customer service proposals, posts, updates and inputs costs within system application process.
2. Responds to questions from customers concerning customer service proposal issues over the telephone or in person; assists customers in directing calls or inquiries to appropriate Project Manager, Coordinator or Service Planner.
3. Receives plans from developers and/or contractors and routes to appropriate Project Manager, Coordinator or Service Planner.
4. Provides up-to-date information to project manager, project coordinator or Service Planner regarding payment status, and assembles and generates reports from database program as required.
5. Operates personal computer and appropriate software application to prepare correspondence and memoranda, and reviews outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical content.
6. Receives new service applications and ensures information is correct; creates and updates customer information; and receives applications for new service proposals.
7. Creates required service notifications for new installations and forwards them to service unit for installation; assists troubleshooters and other field personnel by telephone providing additional information regarding run service and setting of meters hot mandrels. Reviews new customer project applicants for credit establishment to insure if a guarantee deposit is required as per district policy.
8. Logs county and/or city inspections, prepares, researches and verifies requirements (fees paid, inspection passed) have been met prior to preparing service notification for release or faxes to appropriate district personnel to complete requested process for customer.
9. Balance and totals cash receipts against computer cash drawer printout, as required; prepares and reconciles bank deposits with cash receipts, verifies funds for deposit, and prepares deposit slips for armored guard pickup.
10. Assigns applicable rate class code, standard industrial codes and horsepower are noted on commercial applications.
11. Reviews meter exchange service notifications regarding customer meter upgrades and enters meter numbers, readings, and forwards information to business and customer relations for processing.
12. Creates and answers service notifications returned by Power Troubleshooters within system application process. 13. Receives and schedules underground inspections.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Tools and Equipment Used: General office equipment, computer, typewriter, calculator, currency counter, credit card terminal, receipting machine, cash drawer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, two-way radio, date stamp, construction plans, maps, computer printouts, reference books, procedure manuals and vehicle.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in a well-lighted office with climatic controlled temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately loud.