Be one of the bold and engineer advanced networks with us. We are looking for extraordinarily hardworking, forward-thinking, and driven people. If you would like to be part of a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent, a culture of innovation and teamwork, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
How You'll Help Us Connect The World
This position will be a member of our Access Technology Engineering organization within the Access Network Solutions business segment and will report to Senior Manager of Hardware Engineering. The product portfolio covers all Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) infrastructure products that include Optical Headend, Optical Nodes, RF active/passive products and RF over Glass (RFoG) products, including Optical Network Units (ONU)/Multi Dwelling Units (MDU’s). We will expect you to be engaged on supporting several RF projects. Position requires breadbording and prototype evaluation of RF and Digital circuitry used in RF amplifiers and fiber optic transmitters and receivers. We will look to you for generating schematics, Bills of Material (BOMs), and Design Verification (DVT) test plans and results. Establish requirements and finish requires phases of moderately complex RF and optical design projects. A successful incumbent will develop and maintain positive working relationships with other engineering fields and other CommScope functions, such as project management, product management and supply chain.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
You will excite us if you have:
- A completed four-year Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering field or a comparable degree from a foreign university plus a minimum of 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience with RF circuit design for use in both 50ohm and 75ohm systems and in the range of 1MHz to 3GHz.
- Experience with impedance matching circuits, filter design and low noise amplifier designs
- Laboratory experience with network and spectrum analyzers, measurements including frequency response, return loss, noise figure, non-linear distortion, signal to noise ratio, bit error rate, modulation error ratio, optical modulation index, and thermal analysis.
- Experience working with multi-functional design teams comprised of mechanical, electrical, test, and operations engineers
- Knowledge of broadband RF components commercially available and its usage
- Experience with Optical components, designs & circuits
- Knowledge of digital communications IC’s and micro’s