GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Under general supervision of the Director, HR and as a strategic partner to the Region General Manager, the Human Resource Business Partner
(HRBP) collaborates with Senior HR and Regional Management teams to support regional operations to implement and administer the full range of enterprise-wide HR initiatives, programs and policies to include Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Leadership and Professional Development, Training, Total Rewards and HR Compliance. The HRBP also manages the regional HR team.
Regional Operations Support
Home Office HR Support
- As a dedicated HR business partner to the Regional Management team the HRBP will:
- Partner with Regional Management team to ensure people strategies align with regional operations and organization wide business objectives.
- Provide regional people managers with counseling, coaching, feedback and solutions on the full range of human capital management issues.
- Lead the regional talent management process to build, enhance and maintain individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate the administration of the performance management, management development and new hire onboarding programs.
- Partner closely with the region General Manager and regional management team to provide strategic and tactical support on all key HR activities and change initiatives.
- Assist all regional staff in resolving conflicts, addressing complaints and managing working relationships.
- Review and interpret THINK policies and procedures with all employees as may be needed.
As a member of the Human Capital team the HRBP will:
Compliance / HR Administration
- Participate in the development and implementation of Enterprise-Wide HR initiatives.
- Collaborate with Home Office HR and other Region HRBP staff to share best practices and provide expertise and support as may be needed.
- Act as Project Manager on implementation of pilot programs and special projects as requested or assigned.
- Stay abreast of state and federal legal requirements and HR best practices.
HR Staff Management
- Ensure all regional required Compliance postings are current and made in the appropriate locations.
- Ensure all appropriate hardcopy and electronic regional personnel and payroll records are identified, collected, reviewed for accuracy and transferred to the Employee File of Record in a timely manner.
- Oversee regional payroll and time reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely submissions.
- Monitor, identify and report all incidents of potential employment violations, (observed, reported or suspected) immediately to the Director, Human Resources or the Chief People Officer (i.e. Harassment, Policy violations, work place injuries/accidents, etc.). Conduct internal investigations as may be necessary and ensure appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the involuntary termination process as may be required.
- Review and approve all regional personnel change of status transactions (hires, terminations, leaves, etc.)
- Implement regional worker health and safety plans. Respond to inquiries, emergencies or injuries involving employees, volunteers or students. Provide local support on Workers Compensation claims as requested.
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff and management matters
As supervisor of the HR Regional staff the HRBP will:
THE REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL TRAITS
- Provide staff with close or general supervision as necessary.
- Ensure staff are trained and have the requisite skills to effectively perform the duties they are assigned
- Manage staff/team performance - set performance expectations, provide ongoing developmental/reinforcing feedback.
- Coach, counsel and when necessary implement corrective action to improve staff performance.
- Provide learning, training and professional development opportunities to staff whenever possible as appropriate.
- Keep staff informed of overall developments in our business including changes in Regional and HR policies/processes.
- Conduct scheduled staff performance evaluations and recommend adjustments to compensation as appropriate.
- Review and approve staff timecards and requests for time-off in a timely manner.
- Process status changes on all staff personnel transactions (i.e. new hires, terminations, leaves, transfers, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Mgmt./related field
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience as a HRBP, HR Manager or Generalist to include change management, employee relations, coaching, counseling, management and leadership development, talent management, legal compliance
- Minimum 2 years managing a team
- Strong working knowledge of California and Federal HR regulations to include Wage & Hour, Title VII, FLMA, CFRA, ADA, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage broad scope job responsibilities.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective at making presentations and influencing others
- Effective working with staff members at all levels across the organization
- Desire to collaborate with staff, community leaders, management, and external partners to fulfill THINK’s mission.
- Bias to initiate action, seek opportunities to improve operational results, identify and resolve problems.
- Working knowledge and proficient with MS Office Applications
- Desirable: Working knowledge of ADP Payroll