Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
Shift: 7PM thru 7AM - Swing Shift (36 hours one week, 48 hours the next week)
Rate of Pay: $33.17 thru 35.09
Retention bonus available in addition to partial relocation assistance
As a Level II Maintenance Technician, you will support our manufacturing operations by providing a full range of multi-craft equipment maintenance with focus on reliability and maintainability. Ensure sustainable operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and other production machinery. The Maintenance Technician may also be a key member of process improvement and problem-solving teams.
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical background.
- Possesses strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CMMS, etc.).
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, schematics and OEM manuals.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Must be familiar with normal shop equipment such as drill press, band saw and portable power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret precision measuring devices.
- Ability to mentor and train other technicians on the maintenance team.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Successful completion of certification testing.
- 2-year Technical Degree desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial manufacturing or comparable skills demonstration required.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions using logical and systematic methodologies.
- Install and perform alignment on mechanical drive systems.
- Complete all assigned preventive tasks including major service and overhaul.
- Replacement of identified failed parts or components.
- Adjust equipment to bring it into operational specifications.
- Maintain machinery lubrication requirements.
- Recommend process or procedure changes based on observed equipment behavior.
- Testing of electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, and voltmeters to ensure proper operation and safety of system.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Maintain current and accurate maintenance data to determine establish historical records and future maintenance requirements.
- Train and mentor junior technicians and operators on proper equipment service and condition.
- Maintain an attitude of learning to stay current with maintenance procedures and equipment.
- Complete an annual Maintenance Skills Assessment and perform assigned training activities based on assessment results.
- Report all accidents, incidents, injuries and unsafe acts or conditions, immediately to the supervisor.
- Must follow prescribed safety procedures to prevent injury and maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire plant.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of working safely in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.