Under the direction and guidance of the Sr. Director of Real Estate & Planning - manages in house and outside resources for the purpose of delivering cost effective project management, design services and construction administration for new facilities, additions and interior renovation projects. Oversees, delegates and/or out-sources the project responsibilities as required. Oversees inventory control of furniture allocation, purchases and reuse. This individual is expected to manage a team of inside staff and outside vendors to define, develop, design and construct medium-sized projects.
Department: Real Estate and Facilities
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Manages the coordination of small to medium facilities projects including designers, contractors and customers by monitoring the project through all phases in order to ensure conformity with original design objectives and construction documents.
- Selects and utilizes the participation of consultants with the goal of integrating and maximizing the contributions of participants.
- Identifies problems and develops solutions to determine realistic project scope, budgets and schedules. Determines the appropriateness of premium time work on a case-by-case basis with the goals of minimizing interruption of services to patients and staff, meeting project goals of schedule and budget.
- Evaluates and manages cost control during construction phase through the proper use of budgetary appropriations. Maintains records, drawings and files
- Establishes priority of requests according to organizational objectives. Revises priorities in response to the changing hospital environment.
- Participates with other professionals in the hospital while processing bids and awarding of contracts to consultants such as designers, engineers, and architects, and to vendors and contractors.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment to eliminate accidents adhering to Facilities Management’s policy and procedures and all other hospital safety regulations.
- Ensures conformance with building codes and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of all pertinent codes, standards, statutes, laws and regulations of the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Seeks new ideas, expands knowledge base, and keeps abreast of changes in the industry with the goal of constantly improving customer service.
- Minimum of six years of progressively more responsible experience in healthcare planning, project management and/or facilities engineering.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Intimate knowledge of design, construction and/or facilities project management.
- A high level of analytical ability is needed due to the complexity of problems encountered.
- Understanding of LEED standards for healthcare facilities.
- Ability to read and understand complex construction drawings and schematics.
- Familiarity with the building codes and design principles of architectural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical systems commonly found in large healthcare facilities.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization as well as outside consultants and contractors.
For more than 100 years, this client has been driven by a commitment to care for all people, regardless of their ability to pay, providing not only traditional medical care, but also programs and services that wrap around that care to enhance overall health. All of this supports our mission to provide exceptional care, without exception.
The vision is to make our our city the healthiest urban population in the world by 2030. This internal benchmark sets the tone for our growth and a successful future and drives our culture, activities, and strategy.
Three cornerstone values drive our pursuit to deliver exceptional care without exception, guiding our beliefs, behaviors, and decision-making along the way.
We care about our patients, employees, and community — and we’re committed to doing right by them each and every day.
Impossibility doesn’t live here. Instead, we’re motivated by what can be — and we’ll move mountains to make it happen.
Diversity is our heart and soul — and when it comes to inclusion, we’re all in.