Whats in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Privately held commercial and residential company
- over 25 years, Principled real estate development serving investors, partners, and communities
- Have your contributions recognized
- Growing company with tremendous opportunity for career advancement
- Great Salary and Benefits.
The Project Manager will be the company's representative for selected K - 12 Construction school projects and will manage it from start to completion. The purpose of this position is responsibility for project management services within an assigned geographic market, program, or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk management. As a Project Manager at True North, you will be responsible for leading projects on budget and schedule while delivering design excellence.
As part of our integrated design teams, you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. The manager will provide hands-on supervision to architectural, engineering and design staff during all phases of the project as well as partner with vendors and consultants as needed. Project Manager will be responsible with leading interviews in front of clients to win work.
Experience you will need:
- Passionate about Education
- Be able to proactively manage and operate within complex K-12 and/or Higher Education projects
- Manage client expectations, queries, and project information flow
- Develop project Work Plans (schedule, budget, cartoon set) for project success.
- Be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serve as primary contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with a focus on client trust, rapport, and satisfaction.
- Familiarity with Construction Management, Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build project deliveries on K-12 school construction projects
- Understand Business Development, and genuinely and consistently build and maintain ongoing professional relationships with the clients
- Coordinate with the Business Development leader to attend client events, fundraisers, and District support
- Proactively and creatively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts
- Ability to assist in winning work and effective communication skills
- Knowledgeable of programming and planning
- Responsible for all project planning and mobilization
- Responsible for selecting subcontractors and negotiating contracts
- Direct oversight of the company's quality control program
- Weekly and monthly review of job cost reporting and monthly analysis
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with owners, peers, engineers, architects, and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit monthly draw requests consistent with contract documents
- Achieve project schedule. expedite material delivery and negotiate favorable subcontractor and vendor deliverables
- Administer change order process for prime and subcontractor
- Understand and administer prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontractor agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc.
- Manage project documentation, reporting and record keeping
- Interface with client and regulatory authorities
- Have a network and a great reputation in educational projects in Southeast Region
- The ability to travel to support project tasks.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Schedule and document required government inspections during construction.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents, and project coordinators.
- Manage multiple projects as primary liaison with client
- Review original estimates and analyze total proposal packages, proactive pre-job planning including design development, conceptual estimating, scheduling, bidding, buyout,
- contracts, project team communications and team building
- Ideal Candidates will have K-12 experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture).
- Six (6) or more years of construction industry experience with a minimum of three as Project Manager
- At least 10 years of experience successfully leading and working on K-12 Education projects.
- Proven track record of successfully overseeing ground-up commercial projects - a minimum of two complete projects
- Local experience preferred but the client will relocate candidate with strong experience
- Proficient in management and business development along with strong technical knowledge of the built environment
- Team player with a focus on building quality projects within budget and on schedule
- Detail-oriented professional that works well in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Architectural background will be highly beneficial
- Have a network and a great reputation in educational projects in Southeast area
- Proven ability to lead integrated design teams.
- Must have a collaborative management style and strong people skills.
- Must have effective communication and public speaking skills to participate in interviews and client presentations.
- The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks.