Manage the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority's (IANA) products and services that are focused towards a technically demanding audience, including the root zone management system, and supporting business processes. Implement both technical and non-technical products to deliver on IANA’s strategic and operational plans, and influence the development of associated plans. Serve as a primary interface between users and application development teams assisting in understanding and implementing the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of constituents. The IANA Services Manager is expected to manage delivery of their programs with development teams and across the organization as needed to ensure timely delivery.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Successfully guide services from conception to launch, and manage their ongoing operation and enhancement.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define new service offerings and manage product roadmaps.
- Document detailed functional and data business requirements, including process flows, use cases and integration points, while identifying opportunities for refinement, and business process automation.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions where needed.
- Prioritize and scope requirements in coordination with project teams, managers, and sponsors.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to clarify requirements that provide direction to operations, developers, and configurators.
- Lead representation of the business to development teams in accordance with project methodologies.
- Ensure testing and training using tools such as user stories, test scenarios, acceptance testing, and staff training.
- Build and strengthen relationships internally between IANA and their business partners.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to create and execute project plans on time and within budget.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Collaborative working style and a strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- Ability to understand, present, and disseminate technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve project impediments.
- Ability to use good judgment to prioritize work across a variety of projects.
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways while adhering to our core objectives and values.
- Capability to take a leadership role within project teams.
- Familiarity with technical parameter management (such as registry operations) an advantage.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum five years of related work experience.
- Product management certification or equivalent preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Comfort level with an international work environment that requires availability at times outside normal business hours.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands and arms to reach, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work location is Los Angeles.