The Technical Services Senior Manager is responsible for technical programs that support the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) functions. This individual will work closely with the company's Information Security team to help improve the security and risk posture of IANA’s critical services by ensuring systems (including hardware, software, and applications) have effective security safeguards. By developing and implementing appropriate policies and standards, testing approaches, and managing remediation. This role is a deputy of and reports to the Director, Technical Services.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and manage the frameworks, processes, and tools necessary for IANA to properly manage risk and to make risk-based decisions related to IANA’s activities and associated technical platforms and programs.
- Assess current business processes and technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and for possible upgrades or improvement.
- Communicate information security goals and influence programs effectively with other department managers within the organization. Develop periodic reporting on controls compliance and current IT risk posture.
- Facilitate test exercises to enhance IANA resiliency and meet contractual requirements, including devising exercise scenarios and tests in collaboration with other departments and vendors.
- Serve as a focal point of contact for information security both within the organization and external stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security best practices.
- Understand and inform the evolution of IANA technical systems.
- Provide recommendations on the structural design, including interfaces and pipelines between systems and processes. Identify gaps and opportunities for improvements.
- Advise on evolution, including opportunities for integration and simplification with other deployed systems and phasing out old systems and tools.
- Liaise with ICANN’s Engineering & IT teams on business requirements of IANA systems, including system availability and resilience.
- Act as a deputy to the Director, Technical Services.
- Augment the capacity and capabilities of IANA's technical SMEs as an escalation point for ticket processing.
- Support significant technical project work by providing advice to internal design teams and/or lead internal project teams.
- Participate and represent the organization in community working groups as delegated.
- Coding skills are desirable but not essential.
- Creating bespoke tools to do data analysis and simple tasks will be valuable.
- Willing to learn in areas of relative weakness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge and experience in Software Development; Application and Network Security, Risk Management.
- Understanding of Internet Protocols, specifically the DNS and TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of DNSSEC or PKI/cryptography highly desirable.
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in ICANN’s working language.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. Study in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field highly desired.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience.
- Experience with information security frameworks such as NIST CSF, CIS, or ISO 27001.
- CISSP, CISM certifications are preferred.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English, is required.
- We are a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English.