We have an opportunity for a Market Ethics and Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer, in office, located in Kennewick, WA. The Market Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO) and Privacy Officer (PO) directs the operation and management of the HSC compliance program for their assigned market. The Market ECO and PO will work to promote an environment where employees feel confident to report both compliance and non-compliance issues without fear of retaliation. They shall be a member of the market leadership team and responsible for implementing a compliance program that is aligned with the HSC compliance program and tailored to the specific market they support. The ECO is responsible for implementing, administering, monitoring, and auditing the facility’s implementation of the HSC compliance program. This may include, without limitation, assisting with the development of compliance policies and procedures, facilitating compliance training programs, investigating hotline calls, chairing the compliance committee, and interacting regularly with the hospital administrative team and the HSC Ethics and Compliance department. This position is responsible for the compliance activities for a complex health system.
We are a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the compliance program. This includes monitoring adherence to policies and procedures intended to detect, address and prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- The Market ECO and PO will work in collaboration with the Business Integrity Partner team and the market leadership team to implement the HSC compliance program.
- In cases where compliance failures are identified through an investigation, the Market ECO and PO will participate in the development of corrective action recommendations. The Market ECO and PO will be responsible for developing and implementing a framework to ensure consistent corrective action recommendations across the market.
- The Market ECO and PO will be responsible for the oversight of the privacy program and resolution of potential privacy related issues.
- Upon request, the Market ECO and PO will participate in or otherwise support internal investigations conducted by other functional areas, including Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Privacy and Security.
- The Market ECO and PO shall maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding all work matters, and fully comply with all legal and ethical obligations, the Company Code of Conduct, and the Code of Ethics for Healthcare Professionals adopted by the Health Care Compliance Association.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a thorough understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance and an ability to analyze legal requirements. Skilled in the application and interpretation of policies and procedures.