**$15,000 Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available**
We recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent healthcare professionals. And we know that our healthcare professionals deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen disciplines. The heart is in its people, making our hospital a family that only the best is invited to join. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Provide respiratory therapy (conventional/routine) to all patients of all age groups, infants to adults, as ordered. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and equipment to patients.
- Receive assignment.
- Check patient chart and physician's orders. Set up equipment and medications and administer treatments as ordered, e.g., oxygen administration, humidity therapy, airway management, resuscitation, mechanical ventilation, postural drainage procedures; closed atmosphere and respiratory monitoring, intermittent positive pressure breathing, aerosol therapy, and pharmacology respiratory therapy.
- Chart treatment, response, and progress.
- Monitor environmental control systems, others.
- Deliver and set up equipment and monitor patients on continuous ventilation.
- Do nasotracheal and tracheal (endotracheal tube or tracheostomy) suctioning.
- Make patient rounds regularly. Observe patient, check equipment, and change/make adjustments as necessary. Solve problems. Discontinue therapy as ordered. Remove equipment from patient rooms, disassemble, etc.
12-hour shifts - schedule is based on the department needs.
- High school diploma or GED
- Permanently licensed by the Idaho State Board of Medicine as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); If registry eligible, must obtain registry within one (1)-year of hire date
- 2-years' experience in the adult critical care setting within the last 5-years; ICU experience within the last 3-years
- PALS - completed within three (3)-months of hire date
- ACLS - completed within three (3)-months of hire date
- NRP - completed within one (1)-year of hire date
We consider a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous, and professional attitude to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to roll up their sleeves and pitch in as necessary to get the job done.
Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes, (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive feedback from a supervisor.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.