What's in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Premier full-service law firm that has earned a solid reputation for complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work on behalf of clients in important and growing industry sectors around the world.
- 130-year history
- outstanding benefit packages and a people-first work environment
- Growing company with tremendous opportunity for career advancement
- Great Salary and Benefits.
We are seeking a qualified Health Care Attorney for a counsel or senior counsel position in our Health Care Practice Group. This position can be based in Providence, Rhode Island
and we will consider hybrid work solutions, if appropriate.
Primarily, we are looking for a creative problem solver with an understanding of health care industry participants, who is comfortable with direct client contact and who approaches client work with a collaborative mindset, and who treats both clients and colleagues with respect.
Experience you will need:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Review regulatory analyses by junior attorneys;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
- Our ideal candidate is a senior-level attorney with 6 or more years of experience working on complex health care regulatory and/or transactional matters in a robust health care practice group of a law firm or with relevant in-house experience.
- We are looking for candidates with significant experience in some (but need not be all) of the following areas:
- (a) federal and state fraud and abuse laws (e.g., AKA, Stark and False Claims Act), state corporate practice of medicine guidelines and federal and state licensure, conditions of participation and accreditation requirements;
- (b) Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and compliance issues;
- (c) managed care and health insurance regulatory matters; or
- (d) HIPAA and data privacy and security. Although not required, contract drafting and negotiation would be a plus. This attorney would be expected to take a lead role on certain healthcare matters.
- Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the jurisdiction of the office that they join.