Design responsibility for specialized industrial machinery.
*All applicants should have passed the EIT or FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam. This is a main requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support sales and R&D by providing conceptual designs, cost estimates, specifications, and by making technical presentation to customers.
- Provide detailed engineering and design suitable for fabrication of casting machines, bar preparation machines, coil handling lines, furnaces, and other industrial equipment.
- Provide detailed layout designs for entire SCR rod mills and furnace installations.
- Provide technical communication and support to customers.
- Provide field service work at customer’s site to supervise installation of equipment.
- Ability to design special purpose machines.
- Ability to develop conceptual ideas into finished machinery using AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Thorough knowledge of machine design, materials, mechanical power transmission, fluid power applications, and fabrication procedures.
- BS of mechanical engineering required.
Physical, Mental and Visual Effort:
- Three to five years designing specialized industrial machinery. Knowledge of machine shop and fabrication practices.
- Previous international travel and field service work is a plus.
- Document design calculations and cost estimates.
- Budgets time and assignments.