A leader in technology and innovation, our client is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers.
We and our subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, our supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities.
Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Our client's is a division that sells and manufactures the world’s most technically advanced continuous casting copper and aluminum rod systems. We have been designing, operating, and selling continuous copper and aluminum rod mills since 1963.
The Business Development Specialist will assist the division in commercializing and monetizing proprietary technology innovations to drive incremental sales revenue, profitability, and overall market penetration.
Responsibilities include strategic planning, target identification, and customer interaction to drive adoption of our technologies in the market. This individual will assist in developing the go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and target end users of our technologies and drive the entire sales process from target identification through contract execution.
- Work with engineering disciplines in our division and outside Subject Matter Experts to identify the appropriate company product offering to meet customer’s needs.
- Will assist in the development of professional written proposals while also ensuring they are responsive, thorough, and consistent in layout and design.
- Maintain and update cost estimating databases including the preparation of cost estimates for new proposals. Identify areas for margin improvement through sourcing / design changes.
- Develop appropriate marketing and sales material to support the product(s) in the market.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience ideally in a business development position with direct customer sales experience.
- Need strong technical skills, be analytical, highly organized, and able to manage competing priorities - self-starter able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities to increase revenue growth, expand market penetration, and win market share in previous position(s).
- Strong communication skills appropriate for consultation with all levels of management both internal and external to the company.
- Strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Results oriented with the ability to continuously develop competencies of both self and others
- Ability and willingness to travel to support customers and sales efforts.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.