Future Team members must live in the Washington DC metro area or within in 90 mins driving time. So that would include Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC.
Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI FS Poly is required at the time of hire or if the clearance has been inactive for less than 2 years, then we will consider you.
You must complete a security verification and their start date would be pending the reactivation of their clearance.
- Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis.
- Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
- The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC).
- Develops requirements from a projects inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems).
- Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- Ten (10) years experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Experience in Information Assurance: DoD 8570.01-M compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II is required