Position: Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician/Electro Mechanic
Location: Chatham, NY
Shift: Swing shift- alternates one week, 7am-3pm and the next week 3pm-11pm
$2500 Sign-on Bonus paid in 90-day increments
You will enjoy working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. Established in 1899! 120 years later and still going strong! We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place that above all values our employees and their safety!
While reporting to the Plant Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor, as the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician/Electro Mechanic, responsible for performing maintenance tasks, specifically proactive tasks, necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of our products. Safety, quality, productivity and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Installing and maintaining auxiliary equipment as required by production
- Maintaining and repairing utility and facility-related equipment as directed by the Plant Engineer.
- Assisting/training other maintenance personnel with repairs, PM’s, and rebuilds.
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams for proactive problem resolutions.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
- Performing all duties in support of quality and safety policies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an industrial environment or military experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining manufacturing equipment .
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, industrial and motor controls preferred
- Comfortable with mechanical lifts, ladders, kneeling, bending and twisting; lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks in an off-shift position with rotating shifts that will require overtime including weekends
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understands and follows safety policies and procedures. Performs all tasks safely and does not take risks as it pertains to safety. Leads by example.
- Identifies safety risks and works to reduce risks in behavior, equipment and processes.
- Creates, documents and performs strong Preventive/Predictive maintenance tasks/procedures to eliminate equipment breakdown failures.
- Quickly and safely troubleshoots equipment issues and implements optimum corrective action. Communicates plan of action to prevent repeat issues and can assist in documenting new procedures.
- Communicates effectively with operations personnel to identify and resolve abnormal or degraded equipment conditions that could negatively impact safety, quality or productivity.
- Participates in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action), Analytical Troubleshooting (ATS).
- Documents work done in sufficient detail in order to capture strong historical data for future analysis.
- Performs all tasks with exceptional housekeeping. Maintains strong housekeeping principles in their own personal areas.
- Identifies and utilizes proper tools for each individual job. Identifies damaged tools and does not risk using them.
- Precision welding based on the required application.
- Skilled in shop tools: lathes, drills, milling machines, etc.
- Reads and understands mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Technically skilled to Maintain mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment. This includes a strong understanding of lubrication principles and ensuring the proper lubrication is applied to equipment.
- Technically skilled to Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
- Technically skilled to Repair mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
- Technically skilled to Improve Reliability of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
- Technically skilled to Precision Install mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment utilizing OEM specifications.
- Assists in identifying opportunities to improve equipment inspection, lubrication and hard to access areas for new equipment installs and for current equipment.
- Can understand overall equipment operation/function and applies to maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and reliability of equipment sub- components.
- Develops/modifies/reads/troubleshoots/installs PLC programs.
- Installs/troubleshoots/repairs AC and DC drives/motors.
- Fabricates and installs various electrical, piping, pneumatic and mechanical equipment