This position is a Remote Position based preferably based out of Hartsville, SC with a Hybrid Option. 20% travel
The Sr. Manager, Global Consolidation and Corporate Accounting will play an integral and highly visible role within the Controllership and broader finance organization. This position is responsible for leading global consolidation on a monthly and quarterly basis to deliver accurate and timely financial statements of a $5+ billion publicly traded organization.
The Sr. Manager, Global consolidation and Corporate Accounting role is highly visible with frequent interactions with the CFO and other executives of the Company. This position reports to the VP, Corporate Controller, and will work closely with Company’s SEC Reporting leader, corporate FP&A team, Investor Relations, corporate tax team, and other executives. This position is a high impact role responsible for publishing financial statements prepared on a monthly and quarterly basis.
What you’ll be doing:
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Coordinates the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and worldwide consolidation of actuals, including the submission of monthly financial information and reporting schedules from the business units.
- Leads consolidation procedures, including investigation and clearing of inter-company balances.
- Responsible for compilation of consolidated balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, and other executive reporting schedules.
- Key liaison with the Company’s SEC/external reporting team, to assist with the review of the 10-Q/10-K, and review of audit committee materials.
- Prepare periodic financial presentations for the CFO (earnings conference calls, Board meetings, internal management presentations, etc.).
- Lead quarterly/semi-annual balance sheet deep dive exercise to ensure accurate and complete representation of financial position on the Company’s consolidated balance sheet.
- Assist with system transformation, and process improvement projects as sponsored by the Chief Accounting Officer and VP, Corporate Controller.
- Assist with governance over organizational structure and general ledger account changes.
- Drive improvements, provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to evaluate accounting impact of commercial leasing activity.
- Design and operate an effective system of internal controls to assure financial statements, disclosures and presentations are complete and accurate.
- Lead a team of three staff/senior accountants while prioritizing tasks and providing active coaching to the team.
- Be comfortable and strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of finance experience with 4+ years of progressive experience in a corporate accounting role.
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting / reporting with a balance of external reporting and operational analysis, preferably within or associated with publicly traded multinational manufacturing companies.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Strong systems skills (e.g., OneStream, Oracle Finance, supporting data warehouse systems, etc.).
- High degree of proficiency with excel and other Microsoft Office products with ability to retrieve data, manipulate such data and create useful analytical information.
- Experience performing complex consolidations of global businesses preferred and strong GAAP understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Transformative, process oriented and forward-thinking mindset.