We are working on things that matter, whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.?
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then we are the company for you!
We are looking for a Large Capital Project Procurement professional experienced in developing and executing global contract and procurement strategies in alignment with project objectives. Scope includes oversight of suppliers and contractor relationships specific to the project, including:
- Mechanical, Instrumentation, Automation & Electrical equipment
- Piping, Steel and consumable materials
- Professional and Craft labor services
- Leads project teams through strategy and selection. Promotes Global Procurement strategies in alignment with the Category Managers and corporate directives. Drives Supplier Code of Conduct and the company's Core Value initiatives.
- Directly manages key contracts – such as project Engineering & Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning services – and key equipment orders with high DuPont technology security (IP) requirements. Oversees and is project liaison for contracted party (such as EPC) balance of procurement activity to ensure alignment of commercial terms, competitive pricing, delivery to meet schedule, proactively surveilling for interferences, and assists in dispute resolution.
- The position works closely with the Business Project & Steering Team and therefore requires strong client engagement to understand project and stakeholder requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Leverage Procurement category teams and best practices to develop and implement strategies in alignment with business and project objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership, client engagement and partnerships with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions.
- Lead supplier relationship management initiatives to drive delivery of best-in-class performance and innovative products and services.
- Negotiate and deliver savings to meet business requirements and procurement organization objectives.
- Understands the changing business capital forecasts, project objectives, and translation impact to Procurement activities.
- Engage in dispute resolution and continuous improvement processes. Lead negotiations with key suppliers when required.
- Develop and drive Procurement key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with the project team and objectives.
Your Qualification Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- Large Capital project experience required (>$50MM).
- 6+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
- Proficient in use of personal computers and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power-point). Advanced excel skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Strong negotiation, organization and management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence people at all levels and varied cultures within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to balance short-term vs. long-term needs, company vs. supplier needs.
- Detail oriented, demonstrated analytical capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the capital project process and capital procurement best practices, policies and procedures.
- Requires strong client engagement to understand stakeholder requirements.
- Proven skills in influence management at all levels outside the line organization.
- A team player with the demonstrated ability to lead and communicate across countries, cultures, and languages.
- Quickly develop an understanding of the business technology and equipment to identify leveraging opportunities across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated adherence to all Core Values.
- Strong influence & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results.
- Highest ethical standards.
NOTE: Hybrid working is required for candidates within a commutable distance to the Wilmington, Delaware corporate site.
Skills: Procurement, Procurement Strategies, Large Capital project