US Citizen or Green-card Holders
Relocation Assistance offered
We are seeking a Residency trained Clinical Pharmacist Specialist with Pediatric Cardiovascular/Critical Care experience/training to join our growing team. PGY2 or Fellowship in Pediatrics required.
- Education: Doctorate of Pharmacy degree; Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensure in State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program if appropriate
Position develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost; provides clinical services to patients and professional staff; interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost containment. May be asked to assist in supervising the activities of all department employees in consultation with the department Director and/or Pharmacy Manager.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and to lead/facilitate work groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices
- Familiarity with health care reimbursement environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.