For the most qualified candidate, this position could be a Remote Hybrid role with 75-80% of the time working from a home office.
Our Nebraska Medicine has a great opportunity for a Clinical Systems Engineer- Cybersecurity located in Omaha, NE.
Our HTM is expanding operations at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, NE. Nebraska Medicine is a world class academic hospital caring for patients from all 50 states and 47 countries.
Omaha Nebraska is a vibrant, attractive city that provides all the amenities of a much larger metropolitan area and yet, is family oriented and friendly. Omaha boasts an attractive low cost of living that is 19% less than the national average.
Typical Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Analytical Ability – aggregation of complex data sets, sorting of data into logical segments, identification of relevant data trends, summary of findings, executive-level display of data insights.
- Translation of Data into Strategy – ability to develop core components of a robust strategy with minimal direction, connection of data evidence & outcomes to progress towards a defined goal, adjust strategy based on data, identify opportunities for improvement or pivot.
- Strong Understanding of Clinical Workflows – ability to identify impact of a change on patient safety, risk, and/or delivery of patient care including the efficient use of medical technologies, common challenges and risks in the clinical environment, understanding of infection control and safety protocols in the clinical environment, some understanding of key clinical metrics.
- Software and Server Management – knowledge and experience with hands-on management of highly technical and sensitive hardware and software used to support the delivery of patient care, includes the daily management of key components to ensure high uptime and availability, some experience with the triage and troubleshooting of highly technical scenarios, some ability to oversee the response to both planned and unplanned downtime of key components.
- Change Management – ability to engage stakeholders proactively to plan for change, ability to monitor progress and identify red-flags, ability to empathize and support stakeholder response to change, ability to promote positive outcomes and benefits of change.
- Manages Ambiguity
- Drives Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
Preferred Qualifications (But, not required):
- MS degree preferred.
- Certification in Clinical Engineering (CCE) or comparable HTM certification preferred.
- Cybersecurity or IT Certifications Preferred, such as: CISSP, HCISSP, CISM, CISA.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for us, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents, and the staff who care for them. At our company, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. If you share these values, apply today!
We offer a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at our company absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- Leads the design and management of highly complex technology solutions for multiple hospitals within an account that incorporate clinical, operational, and technical requirements.
- Applies systems engineering principles to solve problems and protect the organization from risks in real-time.
- Leverages deep expertise in clinical workflows, medical technology, IT, and cybersecurity to advise technology decisions that ensure optimal patient safety and business outcomes.
- Is primarily responsible for leading cybersecurity initiatives and management of cybersecurity tools.
Technical Support - 60%
- Advises hospital on highly technical and specialized new product selection including technical, functional, and cybersecurity features to meet strategic objectives.
- Supports highly complex projects to expand connectivity of medical devices to the hospital network.
- Leads Quality Testing for accuracy and completeness of critical data elements in the asset inventory.
- Leads specialized management of the IoT Security Solution including review of alerts and development of remediation plans.
- Builds advanced remediation plans for security alerts and incidents in alignment with enterprise & device manufacturer guidance.
- Builds advanced strategy for planned security patching of medical devices in alignment with enterprise strategy.
- Leads urgent and high-visibility cybersecurity activities such as response to zero-day vulnerability.
- Performs Business Impact Assessments (BIAs) to understand impact of technology projects and cybersecurity controls.
- Leads Risk Assessment for assets and overall HTM portfolio for the hospital.
- Leads upload & management of collected critical data elements in the asset inventory.
- Stays current on emerging technologies and advises on technology innovation initiatives or evaluations.
Program Support - 20%
- Leads the collection and management of program performance data for leadership reporting.
- Supports stakeholder management as cybersecurity and process SME.
- Advises on change management needed to implement cybersecurity strategy.
- Supports cybersecurity audit activities in alignment with enterprise strategy & audits.
- Supports hospital audits or surveys requiring cybersecurity input, including HIPAA and JCO.
Training - 10%
- Supports HTM cybersecurity education & awareness for hospital leadership as needed.
- Support HTM cybersecurity education & awareness for HTM teams.
- Participates in industry cybersecurity workgroups and forums as representative of Sodexo.
- Completes mandatory technical and non-technical training.
Regulatory and Compliance - 10%
- Supports the completion of local cybersecurity audits using enterprise cybersecurity guidelines.
- Advises on hospital audits involving cybersecurity, including HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Advises on enterprise cybersecurity audits in alignment with enterprise leadership.
- Leads completion of remediation plans within a timely manner.
- Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic Functional Experience: 3 years.
We are an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.