View all jobs
EHS ManagerStarkville, MS
General Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Support an approach to achieving company safety and environmental performance objectives through effective collaboration with corporate and divisional EHS staff.
- Lead efforts to enhance hazard recognition, promote injury prevention, drive employee engagement, and improve safe behaviors at assigned facilities.
- Work with company leadership, facility personnel, and company EHS personnel to develop and implement effective EHS strategies.
- Drive efforts to achieve and maintain OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), ISO 45001 certification or equivalent at assigned locations.
- Support site managers, employees, and safety teams on initiatives and programs for compliance with all federal, state, and local safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Support site personnel in investigating incidents and injury-free events, implementing corrective actions from internal and external audits, and communicating with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Develop capital project requests for machine guarding, ergonomics, dock safety, and other hazard mitigation projects.
- Provide support for Culture of Zero and Sustainability (Living Well and Growing Green) goals and initiatives.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely, effective manner.
- Help drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
- Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCA’s, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Assist in establishing site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental, health and safety.
- Coordinate process improvements that will reduce injuries and incidents and minimize employee exposures and environmental impacts.
- Perform other activities as required to support overall plant EHS and training effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, health and safety, management, or other similar field.
- 3-10 years of experience in general industry environmental and safety compliance.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated team building with hourly work force.
- Skilled at leading multiple projects at once and providing feedback to leadership and management.
- Manage contractors.
- Perform other activities as required to support overall plant and training effectiveness.
- Adept at resolving complex problems encountered in a fast-paced environment.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of EHS information management systems and various software applications.
- Professional certifications in safety and/or environmental desired but not required.