Do you have a passion to take raw ingredients and re-imagine them into something someone appreciates and finds delicious?
Our client is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to join our team of professionals at Eskaton Village Carmichael in Carmichael, CA. Located on 37 landscaped acres just outside of Sacramento, Eskaton Village Carmichael senior living community embodies the true spirit of community where residents enjoy the security of a worry-free lifestyle.
Eskaton offers a variety of programs that give residents total independence, while still offering access to a full continuum of on-site health care.
We are seeking a highly motivated, and experienced Executive Chef that will bring culinary creations to life. In this hands-on role, you'll use your innovation, creativity and skill to develop menus for all dining experiences.
The successful candidate will:
- Work to develop and grow the menu while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service to the residents.
- Be responsible for full financial oversight of the account, including budgeting and reporting.
- Provide technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed.
- Work to obtain optimum client and customer satisfaction.
- Create a positive customer service driven environment, drives employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills.
- Integrate fully within our client's organization, becoming a trusted adviser with a customer service focus.
- Work to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Work to achieve high quality resident satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeding) our standards of operations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity and a strong production culinary background, ideally in a healthcare or retail setting.
- A strong, proven background in Kosher ingredients and preparation.
- Are able to develop trust and build strong client relationships while meeting the expectations of the client as well as our company.
- Demonstrate experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Have exceptional professional communication skills.
- Possess a hands-on, innovative leadership approach to management.
- Have a passion for high-level customer service and relationship oriented.
- Are able to work independently and make sound business decisions within company guidelines.
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Have strong financial acumen and experience managing a food service operations budget.
- Are knowledgeable in compliance with food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training.
Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience - 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 2 years’ work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.