Manager of Quality Control with our client provide leadership to the Quality department. Manage and implement Quality programs and systems. To assure customers’ specific and industry requirements are met or exceeded, providing superior products and services.
- Lead the department through communication of company and department goals, setting clear expectations and active coaching/development of others.
- Ensure Source Inspection process effectively reduces risk and minimizes cost due to fabrication errors.
- Promote resolution of Quality issues with Suppliers while monitoring all quality issues to ensure systematic problems are addressed.
- Develop new Quality requirements to meet company goals.
- Development of customer relationships both at the project level and management level.
- Proactively work with department heads to create a high-performance team.
- Be involved in industry organizations that provide support to our quality efforts and provide an avenue for input into quality requirement changes.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledgeable about heavy fabrication, welding, NDE, inspection.
- Knowledge of ASME and AWS specifications.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Good analytical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Four-year college education, engineering discipline preferred.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in the quality field (ASME or similar code experience).
- Management/Supervisory experience preferred.
Travel up to 20% by car or plane. Lift or carry 11 – 20 lbs. Ability to read, write, problem solve, make quick decisions, interpret data and analyze results; effective written and verbal communication is essential.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.