To provide management that is accountable for all phases of a project, including schedule and financial performance as well as customer satisfaction.
Provide leadership to cross functional project teams in a manner that cultivates early decision making at the lowest level possible in order to proactively and effectively minimize risk for us as a whole.
Primary liaison for all activities between us and its customer.
Formal Policy Setting Responsibilities:
Formally responsible for making recommendations regarding policies associated with the job's purpose and essential responsibilities.
Routine Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Daily decisions about cost vs. risk/liability on project related issues or opportunities. Daily decisions about internal and external priorities and scheduling to maximize customer satisfaction and our profits. Determine and negotiate customer contract change orders. Determine and negotiate back charge settlements with customer's field erection contractors.
- Handle all customer related activities: technical with the appropriate support of internal subject matter experts and commercial to the authority limits of the position. Develop and maintain positive customer relationships both personally and for the organization as a whole.
- To insure timely software submittals and equipment deliveries through management of the internal cross functional project team.
- Balance overall project budget and cost control. Communicate financial status and contributions/cast flow projections monthly to executive management.
- To actively work to develop team managers, especially those in new positions, in order to enhance both team effectiveness and the general effectiveness of teams at our company.
- To work with various groups within us to establish the initial project schedule. Continually provide feedback to the Project Scheduling group for improving the scheduling process and its effectiveness.
- To handle initiation of document transmittals to the customer and process customer comments to us submitted documents including change management process.
- To assist with evaluating subcontract proposals and select manufacturers in support of project objectives.
- To support Sales in our proposal efforts with contract reviews and customer clarification/pre-award meetings.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Four-year college degree, Engineering or MBA with relevant management experience.
- Experience: 5 - 8+ years of experience; prior Project Manager experience required.
- Travel 10-15% of the time by plane or car. Available for response to customer/jobsite issues at all times. Will include travel both internationally and domestically.
- Detailed knowledge of HRSG design, fabrication, erection as well as internal processes and workflows.
- Full understanding of project scheduling tools and management techniques.
- Understanding of contract legalese, contract management methods, and contract flow down requirements.
Required Skills or Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in building customer and supplier relations and managing contracts.
- Handles unexpected situations calmly and effectively.
- Able to respond effectively on an expedited basis to unusual and varied situations not covered by existing standards and procedures.
- High level communication skills.
- High verbal reasoning skills and critical thinking ability.
- People-oriented; motivated for results.
- Displays confidence and poise in all situations and does not jump to conclusions without proper basis.