- Manage Supplier Subcontracts through specification, requisitioning, and fabrication in a manner that meets all the contract specifications, including our standard specifications, and such that equipment is delivered on time or ahead of the project scheduled delivery dates.
- Provide technical customer support for activities from the start of the project through delivery of equipment to the jobsite.
- Provide support to the Field Project Engineer as needed once equipment starts to deliver to the jobsite.
- Maintain customer relationships through quality support while minimizing costs and risk to us.
- Review project specific contracts and specifications to help provide direction to the team for non-standard requirements and to obtain all requirements needed to generate proper material and fabrication purchase specifications.
- Requisition "free issued" materials in support of subcontract fabrication and develop technical specifications for subcontracted fabrication purchase orders.
- Assist in the development of new supplies and manage supplier relationships in support of N/E's quality and cost goals.
- Technically evaluate fabrication supplier proposals.
- Manage the information flow between us and Supplier/Subcontractors to ensure material and fabrication supply is correct and on time per the project schedule.
- Review our drawings, supplier's fabrication drawings, and supplier's monthly fabrication schedule to ensure project requirements are met and will meet our delivery obligations.
- Main technical contact to the Customer. Interface with our internal departments and suppliers to resolve technical and logistics issues in a manner that facilitates the site schedule and minimizes our cost and risk for delivery delays.
- Coordinate and facilitate the initial Lessons Learned Meeting after Engineering is complete to provide feedback for issues that occurred during project execution and to support necessary improvements to our equipment.
- Assist the Field Project Engineer as needed during field erection activities.
- Act as the backup to the Project Manager in his/her absence.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to read/analyze technical engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of costing and budgeting of projects.
- Good understanding of what constitutes a risk within a project (cost and schedule)
Required Skills or Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel); advanced programming skills utilizing Excel a plus.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be capable of multi-tasking while maintaining task priorities.
- Four-year college education, B.S. in Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience, preferred.
Travel approximately 10-20% by plane or car on average, including international travel as necessary. Ability to read, write, problem solve, make quick decisions, interpret data and analyze results; effective written and verbal communication is essential.