The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing and supporting bid opportunities from new and existing customers and for generating sales for the Aftermarket Department.
- Identifies business development opportunities and takes action to maximize inquiries received for targeted markets and customers.
- Prioritizes proposal efforts and coordinates internal resources to ensure on time submission of bids in support of customer inquiries.
- Recommends proposal pricing at levels which maximize our profits while capturing targeted sales revenue and market share.
- Recommends strategy for targeted customer development and how to how to accomplish the strategy.
- Determines best approach to customer contact to ensure we are introduced to the proper decision-makers at targeted customers.
- Business development and customer relationship management
- Support of and coordination with Aftermarket rep network
- Business plan development regarding new customer development
- Coordination with ACs and AMs regarding customer development and visits
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General technical and commercial knowledge of the industrial construction industry or the power industry (any knowledge of Heat Recovery Steam Generators in a plus).
- Key accounts management and business development experience.
Required Skills or Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in building customer and employee relationships.
- Ability to understand basic technical concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High verbal reasoning skills and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing.
- Works well in a team focused environment and is motivated by success of the company.
- Displays confidence and poise in all situations. Ability to work independently to find unique solutions to difficult problems.
Formal Education: Four-year college education in (Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred).
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of business development experience with an industrial or power focused company preferred.