View all jobs
Environmental Health & Safety SpecialistAyer, MA · Biotech/Pharmaceutical
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, Environmental engineering or other physical science
- OSHA 30 hr certified
- 4+ years in a safety related field in a manufacturing environment
- Manage overall safety, health and environmental activities with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability and identifying and eliminating safety concerns throughout the manufacturing facilities
- Provide regulatory interpretation and technical support and advice on safety, environmental and industrial hygiene subjects
- Ensure records are maintained in compliance with local, state and federal environmental and safety laws, regulations, permits and programs
- Regularly train and communicate EHS compliance and performance results company-wide
- Review incidents and injuries, conduct follow up interviews and find root causes.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of ISO programs
- Stay current with any new policies from OSHA/NIOSH/NFPA/PSM and all other agencies required
- Report with and handle all safety software programs.
- Review and approve Job Hazard Analysis forms for entire facilities departments.
- Complete and report on all OSHA 300/301 logs.
- Overview and report on company accident statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Study, plan, and formulate new and revised safety programs and rules
- Coordinate safety activities to keep company compliant with Federal & State guidelines by scheduling classes/instructors, setting priorities, and directing
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Group Life and Disability insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Paid Holidays
- Biweekly profit-sharing contribution
- PTO (Vacation and Sick Time)