This is a hybrid remote role: 3 days onsite; 2 days remote
- This is a newly created role due to growth. The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the US tax compliance for the organization's business and subsidiary US investments.
- As Tax Manager you will assist the Tax team and Finance Department in overseeing all aspects of tax reporting and work closely with our 3rd party tax provider.
- Support the internal tax function so that the tax requirements of the business are met.
- Day to day management of 3rd party tax provider and compliance processes for corporate and US funds (Federal, state and city level taxes).
- Review of all US tax returns organization (corporate/funds) and US tax returns for L&G Group.
- Liaise with company's product development, legal and operations teams in addition to the L&G Group tax team in the UK.
- Monitor US tax developments which are likely to impact corporate and US funds.
- BS/MS in Accounting or relevant; CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience either in an in-house tax function or in a big 4 practice
- Asset management experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Team player who can successfully work with colleagues across different levels in the organization and in multiple jurisdictions.
ABOUT: The organization was founded in 2006 with the purpose of helping people achieve their long-term financial goals. We offer a range of strategies to help our institutional clients (corporations, healthcare agencies, non-profit, educational institutions, public plans and Taft-Hartley multi-employer plans) manage their investment objectives, which can range from market-based alpha-oriented strategies, derivative overlays, equity solutions and those that are designed to be more liability-centric. Encouraging a diverse and inclusive environment coupled with a solutions-focused culture allows us to increase our breadth of knowledge and the likelihood of improved client outcomes and stronger financial performance. We have teams of experienced, innovative professionals committed to helping plan sponsors meet their pension promises, managing investment exposures efficiently to seek enhanced returns while mitigating risks, and working to generate returns while making a positive societal difference. As of June 30, 2023 we have $221 billion in assets under management.