View all jobs
Tax ManagerChicago, IL
- This is a newly created role due to growth. The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the US tax compliance for the our America business and L&G Group US investments.
- As Tax Manager you will assist the Tax team and Finance Department in overseeing all aspects of tax reporting and work closely with our 3rd party tax provider.
- Support the internal tax function of us so that the tax requirements of the business are met.
- Day to day management of 3rd party tax provider and compliance processes for our corporate and US funds (Federal, state and city level taxes).
- Review of all US tax returns for our (corporate/funds) and US tax returns for L&G Group.
- Liaise with our product development, legal and operations teams in addition to the L&G Group tax team in the UK.
- Monitor US tax developments which are likely to impact our corporate and US funds.
- BS/MS in Accounting or relevant; CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience either in an in-house tax function or in a big 4 practice
- Asset management experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Team player who can successfully work with colleagues across different levels in the organization and in multiple jurisdictions.