Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality tools and equipment for the saw and milling industries.
- At least 3 years of relevant maintenance experience working on and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment, including systems such as engines, electric motors, pneumatic tools, production machinery/tools, and other such equipment
- Must possess a current Massachusetts driver’s license
- Must be willing to join the United Steelworkers Union Local 513-3 as a member
- Inspect and identify equipment or machines in need of repair
- Troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs
- Plan repair work using blueprints or equipment manual as needed
- Perform general repairs that do not require a specialized technician
- Order supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines
- Thoroughly clean machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary
- Oil and lubricate moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance
- Record and report damaged, worn, or broken parts
- Install replacement parts for machines
- Solve mechanical and hydraulic issues on various production equipment, (dis)assemble/install new machines, troubleshoot mechanical equipment breakdowns, and similar
- Clean, organize, maintain, and stock inventory. Maintain shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Utilize CMMS system to identify machinery and equipment needing repair
- Coordinate with management to schedule regular maintenance on machines
- Collaborate with product manager or plant engineer regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required
- Make necessary modifications and implement tests runs; confer with manager regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required
- Identify the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines
- Repair broken machines quickly and efficiently
- Prepare reports and document work performed
- Record repair parts used, maintenance activities performed, and observations of machinery and equipment status or condition in CMMS
- Perform work to comply with regulatory agency codes
- Implement continuous improvements/LEAN Manufacturing with suggestions and observations
- Keep current on required licensing and continuing education credit
- Answer inquiries on alarms, safety, security, and respond accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position is eligible for a one thousand ($1,000) dollar retention bonus, less payroll deductions and withholdings, payable in two installments throughout the first year of employment:
o $500 dollars paid after 90 days of continuous employment
o $500 dollars paid after 180 days of continuous employment
Employee will be required to repay the signing bonus to the Company within 30 days of termination if you resign for other than good reason at any time within the first 12 months following your start date.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are available to employees and their dependents
- Optional flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company-paid basic life and short-term disability insurance with employee-paid options for additional life insurance and long-term disability
- Up to $300 per year in wellness activity reimbursement
- Employer provides a 401(k) plan. A pension plan is also provided through the union upon becoming a member.
- Up to 104 hours of time off is accumulated per year for vacation, sick, and floating holidays.
- 8 paid scheduled holidays per calendar year
- Up to $5,250 per year tuition reimbursement for continuing education