The Reliability Supervisor is responsible for assisting management with analysis of processes and procedures involved in the production of lumber. This position is responsible for evaluation of data leading to achieving production targets with improved margins, adding efficiency and removing waste. To that end, these responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and training to hourly Reliability Technicians, Lubrication Technicians, and any predictive program technicians
- Assist the maintenance manager in promoting the Reliability Programs under area of responsibility including Condition Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis, Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, and CMMS usage.
- Foster a culture of Asset Lifecycle Management. Using this model as the mill’s CMMS system, use data from similar mills and from normal maintenance activities to maximize asset availability.
- Provide regular condition reports of all the assets in area of responsibility. Work with production area managers/planners on scheduled asset or mill outages.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of machine reliability best practices tools performance of all technicians.
- Use the Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS, to effectively plan, report and schedule all work.
- Design and implement asset management strategies that involve all aspects of the manufacturing process i.e. Preventive Maintenance Plans, Predictive Maintenance Plans, Breakdown Maintenance Plans, operating strategies, etc.
- Manage third-party services in relation to the reliability programs and foster professional working relationships to leverage their knowledge and services.
- Analyze production processes and recommend process improvements to gain efficiencies. Actively work to reduce MTTR and increase MTBF.
- Promote World Class Manufacturing Concepts such as Industry 4.0 and Remote Condition Monitoring into new and existing assets.
- Review OEM equipment and make recommendations concerning Asset Life and maintainability.
- Coordinate with 3rd Party vendors in order to design, install, and maintain new and existing assets regarding the reliability program.
- Recommend, plan, and execute improvements in the work area to gain efficiencies in work processes.
- Train or Recommend training for all team members regarding the Reliability Program.
- Communicate effectively with all team members throughout the company.
- Coordinate with other senior staff members on personnel, safety, finance, and purchasing issues, looking for ways to increase and enhance all functional areas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this role. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human Resources.
Minimum qualifications include:
- BS in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, process, industrial)
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Demonstrated success in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience with capital projects
- Proven success supervising various levels of employees.
- Automation experience involving knowledge of distributed I/O Systems and Industry 4.0 Concepts as it involves Condition Monitoring.
- Familiarity of common industrial equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, sensors, VFDs, mobile equipment etc. Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Perform a variety of Reliability Analyses to identify areas of improvement ie. Pareto, FMECA, Fault Trees, Reliability Block Diagrams, Weibull Analysis etc.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and large databases for analysis and work planning
Specialized knowledge or skills that may be needed or required:
- Knowledge of Condition Monitoring Techniques i.e., Vibration, Thermography, Oil Analysis, Ultrasonic, Lubrication etc.
- LEAN/6 SIGMA / Process Improvement Methodology
- Rockwell PLC Platform/Factory Talk/Vantage Point
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Mentoring, coaching and leading others
- Project Management Leadership
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
Benefits starting Day 1
A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
401k with company match
Paid vacations and holidays
Safety is one of our core values and our employees can expect a challenging, stable work environment with career development opportunities.