The Children's Pharmacy team seeks a residency trained Clinical Pharmacist to join the Children's Heart Institute Intensive Care Unit (HCICU). This position will serve as a clinical specialist for our pediatric critical care team.
This position requires PGY2 training or Fellowship. Training/experience as a Pediatric Critical Care Clinical Pharmacist is highly desired. Pediatric cardiovascular experience/training is a plus.
We pride ourselves in providing high-quality, personalized care to young patients and their families with the utmost compassion. It is an honor to be recognized for our efforts in the 2023-2024 U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospital rankings—one of the most well-known measures of achievement for any children’s hospital.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Education: Doctorate of Pharmacy degree; Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensure in State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program if appropriate
- Position develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost; provides clinical services to patients and professional staff; interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost containment.
- May be asked to assist in supervising the activities of all department employees in consultation with the department Director and/or Pharmacy Manager.
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and to lead/facilitate work groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices
- Familiarity with health care reimbursement environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one.