The position of Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing all maintenance roles and processes on Weekend Night shift in the Ripon, WI facilities. This role is responsible for executing the maintenance process, establishing a reliability focus, and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement. This position also provides leadership, first-line supervision, technical assistance, and training for a staff of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance technicians.
This position is responsible for executing unit goals and objectives, supervising assigned personnel, and directing day-to-day activities on their assigned shift.
Duties and responsibilities are carried out with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Work and results are reviewed through inspection and analysis of records, reports, completed work orders, and equipment performance. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
***This is a 3rd shift position - 5 days/8-hour shifts. Sunday through Thursday - 10pm-6am***
- Create a safety culture and apply and implement workplace policies.
- Build strong interpersonal relationships with hourly team members, union, and management teams.
- Ensure completed work orders containing actual hours and completion comments are submitted by the technicians daily.
- Track, analyze and improve key performance indicators (KPI) such as safety, asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, and schedule compliance.
- Assist in scoping corrective work orders as needed with the Maintenance Planners.
- Manage and develop weekly schedules for shift technicians and help prioritize emergency jobs as they arise.
- Evaluate team member performance and encourage continuous improvement.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, or business management is desirable although significant experience and special training may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years maintenance experience in a skilled position and 2 or more years of experience as maintenance supervisor / team leader.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and facilities equipment, with the ability to fluently read and understand prints in all areas.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and the functionality of equipment (stamping, automated fabrication, machining, paint process) in those processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Excellent teaming and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be a self-starter and a team motivator.
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products
- Be able to work on several assignments simultaneously and effectively.
- Special qualifications: Ability to supervise a variety of team members’ actions and direct a technical work force to ensure the facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner. Flexibility to adjust to changing schedules. Must be the driver of new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.
- Core competencies: Communication, Management, Human Resource Development, Upkeep, and maintenance of a facility. Administrative and organizational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed. Accountable for upholding standards and safety of the organization.
- Stooping, bending, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity and able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.