The Maintenance Reliability Manager is directly responsible for implementing and developing predictive and preventative maintenance activities that will ensure equipment and process reliability.
Facilitate safe, timely, and efficient high-quality production by providing effective leadership to employees responsible for the repair and maintenance of equipment.
Maintain equipment in like new condition through a world class preventative maintenance program. Develop key metrics that drive continuous improvement in both staff and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of specific duties, which are essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- While an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary way this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform this job in the manner indicated.
- Direct employees in repair of electrical and mechanical systems, apparatus, and components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical codes, manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
- Schedule and assign employees to daily task of maintaining production equipment via work orders – Follow up to ensure work is completed.
- Schedule maintenance technicians and maintain database for equipment calibrations such as spark testers, lump-neck and line counters.
- Provide leadership and support to guide employees in testing malfunctioning machinery using test equipment and discuss malfunctions with other maintenance workers to properly diagnose malfunction.
- Provide leadership and support of Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Access existing equipment and process deficiencies, by working with other operation team members, including process engineers.
- Modify equipment and/or processes to achieve Principal Objective.
- Directs/manages the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Negotiates and develops relationships with vendors to ensure we are getting the best prices.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Ensures maintenance associates are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that maintenance activities can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Manages the maintaining of a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, and maintenance history of production equipment.
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance metrics such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Previous technical supervisory experience demonstrating the ability to manage.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical systems with electronic controls.
- Five years of electrical experience with manufacturing equipment.
- Five years of mechanical experience with manufacturing equipment.
- Digital controls troubleshooting experience.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills and be able to read specs and prints.
- Must be able to use and manipulate computer applications such Word and Excel.