We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Carrollton, GA
General Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
• Support a ONE Southwire approach to achieving company safety and environmental performance objectives through effective collaboration with corporate and divisional EHS staff.
• Lead efforts to enhance hazard recognition, promote injury prevention, drive employee engagement, and improve safe behaviors at assigned facilities.
• Work with company leadership, facility personnel, and company EHS personnel to develop and implement effective EHS strategies.
• Drive efforts to achieve and maintain OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), ISO 45001 certification or equivalent at assigned locations.
• Support site managers, employees, and safety teams on initiatives and programs for compliance with all federal, state, and local safety, health and environmental regulations.
• Support site personnel in investigating incidents and injury-free events, implementing corrective actions from internal and external audits, and communicating with regulatory agencies, as required.
• Develop capital project requests for machine guarding, ergonomics, dock safety, and other hazard mitigation projects.
• Provide support for Culture of Zero and Sustainability (Living Well and Growing Green) goals and initiatives.
• Complete assigned projects in a timely, effective manner.
• Help drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
• Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
• Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCA’s, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
• Assist in establishing site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental, health and safety.
• Coordinate process improvements that will reduce injuries and incidents and minimize employee exposures and environmental impacts.
• Perform other activities as required to support overall plant EHS and training effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, health and safety, management, or other similar field.
• 5+ years of experience in general industry environmental and safety compliance.
• Able to work and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated team building with hourly work force.
• Skilled at leading multiple projects at once and providing feedback to leadership and management.
• Manage contractors.
• Perform other activities as required to support overall plant and training effectiveness.
• Adept at resolving complex problems encountered in a fast-paced environment.
• Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of EHS information management systems and various software applications.
• Professional certifications in safety and/or environmental desired but not required.
• Maintain the ISO 14001 Environmental Certification and ensure all documentation and activities comply with the standard
• Strong understanding of environmental laws and regulations
Attracts Top Talent
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a brief cover letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this role.