- Our client seeks Actuarial Analysts II to join our Personal Auto and Homeowners Insurance pricing teams.
- The Actuarial department provides insight and analysis to help solve business problems in support of the company’s profitable growth.
- The department consists of the following divisions: Personal Lines Pricing, Commercial Lines Pricing, Reserving, and Predictive Analytics.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an Actuarial Analyst II, you will collaborate with other actuaries and colleagues across the company to solve important business problems. Potential projects include the following:
- Perform pricing studies to evaluate the profitability of our insurance products.
- Perform analysis on rating variables and recommend pricing changes.
- Perform competitor analysis to maintain awareness of pricing and product developments in
- the marketplace.
- Collaborate with the Predictive Analytics team on modeling projects.
- Partner with Marketing to help drive higher returns on advertising expenditures.
- Analyze usage-based insurance (UBI) data and offer recommendations on pricing changes.
- Perform trend analysis to understand changes in the frequency and severity of insurance.
- Analyze the impact of crash-avoidance technology on Auto insurance claims.
- This is a hybrid position with some on-site and telecommuting availability each week.
- At least 2 years of P&C actuarial experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related major.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in pursuing the ACAS and FCAS credential from the Casualty Actuarial Society.