As a Wastewater Engineer, you will play a vital role in planning, designing, analyzing, and overseeing water and wastewater process and treatment systems. This position involves comprehensive engineering work, project management, and collaboration with a team of professionals.
- Conduct thorough engineering planning, design, analysis, and operational studies of water and wastewater systems.
- Prepare comprehensive project bidding documents for municipal water and wastewater projects, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and adherence to engineering principles, standards, and policies.
- Provide guidance and supervision for drafting designers and junior engineers as needed for various projects.
- Oversee and review the construction of wastewater and water projects to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting of wastewater and water operational issues, offering solutions to enhance system efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
- Ability to obtain a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Wisconsin or Iowa.
- Experience in municipal or industrial water and/or wastewater treatment and collection/distribution field is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of civil and/or other engineering principles related to municipal engineering and water and wastewater treatment.
- Experience with HVAC systems
- Understanding of local, state, and national regulations for water and wastewater.
- Ability to interpret national and local codes and standards to ensure compliance.