Security Clearance: Active Top Security Clearance is required at the time of hire
We are looking for a Software Engineer with strong full-stack experience to “own” the whole project. This position has the autonomy and freedom to set technical direction, engage with the customer, and build the roadmap for the product. In this position, the Software Engineer also works with interesting datasets that have direct mission impact. This position also has direct engagement with end-users.
Come join our team!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consult with stakeholders to understand their business needs and identify potential process improvements
- Write well-documented and maintainable code using good software engineering practices
- Deliver new features to the customer upon request (frontend and/or backend features)
- Integrate new algorithms into larger software modules, performing integration tests and other CI/CD functions before deployment
- Manage Docker containers as part of deployments to test and production environments
- Prioritize development tasks and issues using agile methodology and the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Active Top Security Clearance
- Experience developing REST APIs with web frameworks based in Node.js or Python (e.g. Fastify, Aiohttp, or similar)
- Experience working with relational databases and writing/maintaining SQL scripts for data-driven web applications.
- Ability to manage Docker containers or use similar containerization technologies to ensure reliable and secure deployments.
- Ability to test your code using a combination of unit and integration tests.
- Experience maintaining and upgrading servers as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to consult with customers, understand their business needs, and identify potential process improvements.
- Maximum 36 hours on site per week with potential for hybrid work some weeks.
- Active TS / SCI clearance with CI-Poly
- Experience with Oracle database services
- Experience writing backend REST API code using Fastify (Node.js) and Aiohttp (Python) web frameworks
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab, Jenkins, or similar tools
- Experience with Kubernetes, or similar container orchestration tools
- Experience working with NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, or similar data science / analytics libraries
- Experience retraining machine learning models on new data and validate updated metrics
- Annually review and calibrate predictive models and pipelines
- Explore and analyze new/unstructured data sources and deliver insights to customers