From a small family business to a multi-billion dollar global company, our company has been changing the face of products and packaging since 1899 — all while keeping the heart of “People Build Businesses” alive.
Our talented people are at the core of our growth, constantly reinventing the wheel with brilliant solutions every year. Today we are a world leader in global packaging solutions with diversified operations in over 34 countries. We're extremely proud of our portfolio of brands, our achievements in sustainability and industrialization and the groundbreaking work accomplished by our people.
Responsible to work across the business to identify, track, analyze and document complex accounting issues. The role will have significant visibility to senior leadership and will work alongside many senior members of the accounting, finance, and business teams.
What you’ll be doing:
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in beautiful Hartsville, SC or Charlotte, NC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC). Open to Hybrid
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Identify and assess technical accounting issues in complex business transactions and prepare technical memorandums.
- Work closely with various business leaders to provide guidance on accounting transactions.
- Assist in reviewing the Company's written accounting policies and providing guidance throughout the organization on the application of such policies.
- Understand current changes to accounting standards, SEC guidance and PCAOB regulations.
- Perform impact analysis of new accounting pronouncements (as needed) and lead implementation efforts across the Company.
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues on a timely basis with the Company's external auditors.
- Support the Company's external reporting function, ensuring that the financial statements and disclosures are in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in the US.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
- Assist deal teams with pre and post deal-closure activities namely, evaluating accounting implications on various acquisition and disposition transactions pre-close; post deal-close, work with the Corporate Development team and external consultant on performing purchase price accounting exercise.
- Lead annual impairment analysis for all critical asset categories on the balance sheet i.e., goodwill, long-lived assets (PP&E, leases, intangibles), joint ventures, and other cost method investments.
- Organize enterprise-wide quarterly trainings on various topics as it relates to US GAAP, internal controls, and SEC matters.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- 6-8 years+ of experience, including at least 3-5 years in public accounting; Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of key technical accounting areas in US GAAP.
- Effective communication, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to adjust and work effectively in a dynamic, changing, and collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Accomplished multitasking skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; licensed CPA
- 6-8 years+, including at least 3-5 years in public accounting; Big 4 experience strongly preferred