Position is responsible for simulating treatment set-ups, performing dosimetric calculations, applying radiation therapy treatments and assisting with patient care management.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiation Therapy Technology.
- License/Certification: Certified Radiation Therapist by the American Registry of Radiation Therapy Technologists (ARRT-T), and licensed by the Texas Department of Health (CMRT).
Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Simulates treatment set-ups according to physician instruction.
- Performs dosimetric calculations under the supervision of a physicist or dosimetrist, using either manual or computerized dose calculations.
- Accurately delivers the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
- Assists in Brach therapy procedures.
- Warms up treatment machines/simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any erratic operation to the physicist.
- Checks the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
- Verifies dose through barometer and thermometer measurements; reports any discrepancies to physicist.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all our policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to caring for every member of our community by creating compassionate and personalized experiences. Models our service standards by providing safe, caring, personalized and efficient experiences to patients and colleagues.