Our client is seeking to add a Civil Designer to its tight knit, interdisciplinary team. The company is a premier, regional, Design-Build contractor that has constructed a wide variety of projects throughout Ohio and Indiana for more than 100 years. This position can be based in either their Sidney, Ohio corporate headquarters or in one of their regional offices located in Dayton, Ohio or Columbus, Ohio or Greenfield, Indiana. Position will report to, and work side by side with the Managing Architect to provide high-quality, full-service, design-build services to our clients. Functioning as a small to medium design department with internal architectural, and civil design staff, the position will work with our current civil designers to design and draft a variety of projects including industrial, commercial, retail, restaurants, aviation, and religious buildings from zoning review and preliminary site layout through construction documents. Responsibilities
- Work with current civil designers to design, and draft site layout, grading, storm and sanitary systems. Design and help draft asphalt, and concrete paving and slabs.
- Work with current civil designers to obtain local zoning, and EPA permits as well as any variances required. Attendance and support at occasional zoning meetings.
- Coordinate internal survey crews.
- Position will work with customers, zoning officials, outside consultants, subcontractors, and suppliers as well as our internal staff of architectural and civil designers, sales, estimating, operations and superintendents.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering or similar associates or bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing engineering and drafting work.
- Proficient and well versed in Civil 3D/AutoCAD. Revit experience is a plus.
- Must have problem-solving skills, with an understanding of construction, and a willingness to meet with our customers to understand their civil and/or structural design needs.
- Organized with good communication skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with a customer focus
Out client is an equal opportunity employer offering a full benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k and Life, as well as profit sharing and bonuses. Job Type: Full-time, 8 hour shift Benefits
Paid time off
All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a background investigation and drug test. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug test conducted in accordance with Ferguson Construction policy and state law.