Are you seeking an opportunity to learn new equipment and to work with today's most advanced thin film processing tools? We have an exciting opportunity in our Minnesota office to provide support to the leading manufacturer of hard disk drive read/write heads.
• Under general supervision, assist experienced technicians with the installation, repair, calibration and maintenance of semiconductor process equipment in a manner which minimizes equipment down time.
• Monitor, inspect and maintain semiconductor equipment in order to prevent and minimize malfunctions.
• Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activity and provide periodic reports.
• Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure adequate inventory is available for repair work. Order and replace parts
• Participate in technical training.
• Troubleshoot, install and repair high vacuum equipment including PVD and etching systems
• Identify, analyze and repair product failures
• Train Field Service Engineers and customer technicians on equipment usage and maintenance
• Develop and implement training plan for each FSE and customer technician
Please Note : this is a customer-facing role, and requires compliance with customer policies and protocols, which may include COVID-19 vaccination and other measures relating to COVID-19
• Typically requires general education and/or vocational training plus 1-2 years of related experience
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience on semiconductor vacuum equipment (PVD, CVD, RIE, Ultra-high vacuum systems, IBE/IBD, and vacuum robot systems)
• Experience with highly complex multi chamber systems preferred
• PLC experience a plus
• Ability and flexibility to work evening and weekends and travel overnight for business. Business travel may extend 1-2 months as needed and must be available for the duration of the assignment
• This job requires up to 15% travel and requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
• Requires ability to lift up to 30 pounds individually and for lifting over 30 pounds assistance may be available.
• Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping, talking and hearing.
• Substantial amount of driving required, sometime for multiple hours at a time.
• Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
• Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
• The work Environment may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals, ultraviolet light and lasers, working in enclosed spaces, close quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
• The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive situations requiring quick resolution including equipment problems.