We are seeking a Government Contract Administration Manager (Manager, Contract Admin). This contract management position works independently working with State Contracting Officers as well as other state offices to negotiate contract terms and conditions, ensure compliance to contract terms, provide monthly and quarterly compliance reports to applicable states and ensure administrative fee payment.
Creating and managing workflows to ensure accurate and complete responses to questions from both internal and external team members. Responsible for management and growth of one team member.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
Locations available in our Melville, NY and Arlington, VA offices.
- Manages the Business Information Communications Group (BICG) Marketing Operations bid team and contract administration staff
- Oversees the Local and State Government as well as Group purchasing organizations (GPOs) competitive bidding process
- Contributes to the negotiation and execution of Local and State Government as well as Group purchasing organizations (GPOs) contracts
- Supports pricing development and profitability
- Acts as the primary interface between Canon and customers and subcontractors on contractual matters, claims and disputes
- A tactical role, focused on meeting operational objectives, mobilizing resources and assisting in the development of policies and procedures
- Selects, develops and evaluates subordinate employees.
- Typically reports to a Senior Manager or Director
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Seven (7) years of experience in working with Local and State Government contracts is required.
- Management of typically two or more regular full-time employees (one of whom must be exempt)
- Experience in distilling, responding, negotiating and administrating Local and State Government contracts.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Detail orientated.