Additional Locations: San Jose, CA or San Francisco, CA
Accountable for managing marketing, sales, order and collections processing of the company’s products. This is both a strategic and tactical role covering various elements of marketing and technical sales.
This role consists of directly calling on, selling to, and creating strategies to meet or exceed on a consistent basis the global annual operating and rolling strategic plans for each of SunRay Scientific’s product lines including, but not limited to ZTACH® ACA, Conductive Inks, Conductive Epoxies and Encapsulants and for its primary customer segments including Contract Manufacturers, Material Manufacturer Licensees, Sales Agents and End-Customer segment applications (e.g., X-Ray, Automotive, Medical, Flexible Hybrid Electronics). This includes developing and implementing procedures and processes to improve sales processes and interactions, customer satisfaction, and interfaces with other functional groups.
- Accountable for knowing the executives, purchasing engineering and manufacturing personnel and ensuring the most competitive and advantageous opportunities to conduct business
- Accountable for specifying products into manufacturing projects and government grant submittals.
- Lead the development of Marketing materials aligned to customer needs
- Develop pricing strategy with Leadership Team based on understanding of market/competition/value of offerings.
- Work with customers to understand value of offerings in order to price based on value-based pricing
- Lead/Facilitate the customer on-boarding and account management process to directly or through developed sales agents.
- Work with Engineering/R&D/Operations to ensure that thorough review of past bid history for like items or product and bid specifications that all angles and options are reviewed and understood before bid time to ensure company presents the most competitive and comprehensive bid possible
- Post-project award - work with Project Managers to ensure timely submittals,Will troubleshoot in the field, and will work with the customers and agents to facilitate product delivery and manage issue resolution
- Responsible for in-depth product knowledge, while relying on Product R&D Managers & Engineers to supplement knowledge
- Seek, prioritize, present and represent offerings at tradeshows and consortiums through presentations; leveraging talent (e.g., R&D/Engineering, customers). This also includes developing, managing and leading a booth at tradeshows.
- Collaborate with R&D & Production Management to ensure the company is aware of customer new product/services development and new product requirements
- Responsible for in-depth product knowledge (70 – 85% technical proficiency) in each of company’s product lines, relying on R&D and Application Engineers to supplement knowledge where necessary
- Manage the performance of hired sales representatives and coordinators
- Hire and train employees for sales groups include inside, fields, agents, and licensees
- Train and develop employees in sales and marketing practices
- Set up and monitor processes for quoting, quote follow up and order entry
- Promote change and continuous improvement
- Motivate the team and other functional groups
- Problem-solving for customers and internal processes
- Monitor and work to improve on-time delivery and cash to cash
- Work with the team to develop and implement customer strategies, particularly for key accounts
- Maintain current knowledge of market pricing and competition
- Improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Act as a backup to other team members when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a technical sales environment
- 5+ years of experience working with customers
- Electronic Interconnect Materials (epoxies, ACA, ACF, Solder) experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience managing a team preferred
- International Experience preferred
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent esume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.