Our client is seeking a talented Back-end Applications Developer for their Tax and Web Development Groups to participate in all phases of the development cycle for their customer-facing brokerage systems. This is a full-time-permanent role.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include but, are not limited to, the following;
- Design, develop and maintain backend and middleware services for web-based account registration, account maintenance, tax, and compliance systems.
- Typical projects will focus on data base backend and middleware services development using Java, PL/SQL. Smaller projects will use python, Unix shell scripting and other general purpose development languages and tools.
- BS/MS Computer Science or other related fields
- Strong knowledge of programming concepts, algorithms and concurrency
- 2+ years of Java or similar general purpose OO language
- Strong knowledge of data structures, database concepts, PL/SQL programming
- Prior experience (including college projects) with structured database design
- Familiar with web applications, concepts, and tools
- Experience with Java and PL/SQL, Experience with Python and Unix shell scripting
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Associate
Location: Greenwich, CT
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance is not being offered at this time. Out-of area candidates must be willing to relocate at their own expense to be considered.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.